Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Just Enough Attitude

Hey there, It's been a while since my last post, I know. But I have been busy relocating and getting settled at my NEW JOB! YEAHHHHHHHHH, the crowd goes wild! Anyway, yes, I have a new job. Actually, it's a really good job. Which brings me to why I have chosen now to return to the blog. 

You see, I am waiting at my desk while the layout guy keys up my last edits and sends the final proof over. It's nearly 6 p.m. and my stomach is growling. And you know what? I am not in the least bit upset. Quite the contrary. I am only too happy to sit at my desk until the job is done. It is said that if you find a job that you love, you will never work another day in your life. Well, I am here to tell you, I love my job. 

WOW. It's actually about 25 hours after I first started this post. There was a nasty storm last night when I first started writing and the power flickered then went out. We had to do the final edit with the lights flashing on and off and some wicked lightning strikes. This is the first opportunity I've had to get back. But I am glad that the draft was saved. 

As I was saying earlier, I really love my job. I've spent the last 45 days or so getting moved and settled, not just into a new home but a new job, new town, new everything. I also have a new friend. Her name is Jilly Bean and she looks very much like my big guy Buddy. (He lives with his dad now) She was abandoned by a former tenant and has been living outside for some time. I met her when she started stopping by on my way in and out of the house each day. So I invited her in and she has taken over my office. My Gabby has already accepted her, although Mr. Blacks is a bit dubious still. But for the most part we have peaceful co-existance. How I wish that were the case for the rest of the world. 

But life is good. I am working on getting back into my writing, and look forward to getting more acquainted with my new town. Life is good and we have so much. We have food in the fridge, a roof over our heads and a little money in our pockets. We even have pictures on the walls, jazz on the radio and a few Greenie treats. 

God has been really good to us. So be well and good night from Small Town, USA.

No comments: