Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello Old Friend...

Hello my friend, I've missed you so!
I've missed this time to myself when I can just let the thoughts and words come - and go. I feel like I've been away for so very long, from writing that is. It's been nearly 18 months since I've written in this blog. For some reason it came up on my TOP SITES list. How that's possible since I haven't been here since Gabby passed, and that was just to update her photo tag, I don't know.

I miss that girl. She was such a sweetie - when she wasn't being mean as cat shit - oops! Let's keep it clean, here.

Anyway, I am back in school and writing again. Feels realllll good! Just submitted my first story in nearly 2 years to The G'ville Sun, so that will probably be a bust. Oh well, have to start somewhere.

I talked with a man yesterday who encouraged me to get out and work when I was nearly done with my undergrad work. And he was right. I worked on my craft, made some mistakes and along the way found my calling.

Now I am back in school. Not to learn to write - Lord knows if you don't know how to write by the time you finish your undergrad, forget it! No, I'm really interested in combining my writing with history and art.

So we're fine tuning now. Looking for the next phase of my life; the next story; the next encounter. See you along the way...

No comments: