Thursday, March 17, 2011

How to Spend Your Summer Vacation

I have to decide how to spend my summer. Motoring along the Med is not an option this year (that's OK, it was the same three years ago, the same 300 years ago, and probably the same next year as well), so I think a stay-cation at school is my final answer. But as I look over the choices for the summer semesters, I note that the pickings are rather slim. I think I might just take a basic art history to get me moving in the right direction and then build on that for the next 20 months.

 I really want to enjoy my graduate program and not just go through the motions. I mean, if I'm going to spend this much money and exert this much effort, I better enjoy it, yes? Not sure if the course will count toward my degree program, but what the hell - it's my life and my responsibility to enjoy it. A few credits here and there outside one's target discipline never hurt anyone. Besides, I never made any changes to my major during my undergrad work, so I think I'm entitled to color outside the lines a bit now.

No comments: