Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I, Self, Me

I
Self
Me
Can you see the pattern here? My ISM affords me the unfailing ability to see how every situation I encounter directly affects me. The I, Self, Me, that is. The me that I love to obsess over, talk about and act in the best interest of.
But here's the good news; I've learned that it is rarely ever really all about me. And today, I can see that fairly quick. Don't get me wrong - the selfish, self-centered part of me still wants to make a fuss and pout or cry or whatever emotion is applicable to the trouble encountered. But more times than not, now, I can simply be quiet and listen. Because I have found that when someone is facing a tough road ahead, just the small act of quietly listening to them can be the most precious part of me I can give.


No comments: