Friday, May 16, 2008

Berlin Diary - Day 1

Twenty-seven hours of travel time - start to finish. I'll leave out my comments regarding Alitalia - let's just say, the further we got from the U.S. the stranger the food became. And nobody likes being holed up with 100+ people in economy - so the attitudes began to slip somewhere over the Atlantic.

However, the German efficiency was apparent fromt the start. My bags were on the carousel before I was off the plane. Taxi driver had a clean Mercedes 230 that he drove with the grace of a Ferrari to my hotel. Arrived to find a friendly face sound asleep. Had to wake her up - Sorry Megan. All is well, aside from not being able to feel my ankle bones or second knuckles yet, but the swelling should disappear soon.

We beat the others by a day, so Megan and I are off to see the city by daylight. We ventured out last night (the restaurants are open late) and had solid German fare.

Today, we are off to find the perfect dona kebab and any other yummies that we can find.

auf wiedersehen

1 comment:

william said...

nfnlgvHi Michelle
Enjoy your free day and glad to hear you your settled in.
Off to work Bill