Monday, May 26, 2008


Well my time in Berlin is beginning to wind down. I finished the project for my photojournalism class. I think it turned out well - at least I hope that Yvonne (that's her picture above with her shiny new sports car) and Professor Freeman are happy with it and that I can publish it to this site within the next day or so.

So today was just spent polishing photos, cleaning up files and shooting pictures for fun. The Friendship Fountain graces the courtyard of the Galeria Kaufhof in the heart of former East Berlin. The store is lit in a neon green which peeks through the fountain's water spray.

Earlier in the evening I spotted Christophe grilling sausages in Alexanderplatz. Now my moving company won't even put a propane tank on their truck and this guy carries his around on his back! No smoking please.

And down in the subway the passengers are regaled with traditional folk music during the rush hour.

Berlin is certainly a town that has many faces. I'm glad I have a few days to spend with my mother here. I've been saving a few places to see with her - see them with fresh eyes. And a few days of just girl-time is just what this weary soul needs. Until then, I miss you all. Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Charlie Rocque said...

Have a great time with your mom. Enjoy every minute!!
CR

Danielle's Mom said...

Well it sounds as if your trip has been informative and productive. Ah, girl-time....yes! We all need our mommies sometimes. So nice that you can spend some time there as a daughter and not as a student (although I'm sure the student part was good too). Going to Morningside with Danielle tomorrow to see the two new lambs. Should be fun- we're meeting Bekky and Karina...she LOVES Karina ('Rina'). Then Thursday her father is taking her (early). He is on vacation and plans to go to the beach. The beach, where the sun is very strong. SO glad I have a plan for Thursday night. Working on the dignity and grace thing. Guess I'll put it in my 'Buddha Box'. :::sigh::: When are you coming back? :)
Have a great time with your Mom and a safe trip back!
Love Jennifer