Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Afternoon


I spent the better part of the day interviewing a young lady who grew up in former East Germany. Yvonne Schulz is a 29-year-old purchasing agent for a multi-national company now living in the Berlin suburbs. We met at the Sony Center in Potsdamer Platz and walked to the Brandenburg Gate. Her favorite nightclub in in the basement of the Hotel Adlon, but we opted for a coffee and beer on the patio.

Yvonne has agreed to be the subject of a SoundSlide production that I am creating as part of my photojournalism study-abroad program. I will post the finished project to this blog when completed.

This evening I am in search of the perfect weiner schnitzel and spargel or white asparagus - a specialty of the Brandenburg region and currently in season. The Kollwitzplatz neighborhood is just a few blocks northwest of my hostel and has quite a few interesting coffeehouses and restaurants. I'll see if I can cajole my two compadres into accompanying me on my search. I'll let you know how we fare. Until then, be well.

No comments: