Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Search Continues

Like most of mankind, I hate moving. Especially the part about tramping hundreds of miles away from home to do the in-and-out thing looking at one worn and weary place after another. Having been brought up in the suburbs of South Florida and Philadelphia, I thought apartments were everywhere - but NOOOOOO. Such is not the case.

Believe it or not, sometimes the only thing available for rent is a house - like every newly graduated journalist can afford $1,000-$1,200 month to rent a house. And all the things that go with a house like lawn maintenance and sewage bills. No thank you. If I am going to throw good money out the window, I will not be the one to come along and and shred it with a lawn mower.

But fate may smile on me still. The search continues.

No comments: