Thursday, May 8, 2008

Broken Heels

I have a postcard on my bulletin board that asks the question, "Ever feel like you're dancing through life in a pair of broken heels?" It's the title of a book of short essays about dealing with stress. I took it down and read the note: "Enjoy the moment. Love ya, Frani." 

Fran was a dear friend who helped me handle some of the curve balls I mentioned earlier. She died suddenly this past January shortly after sending me this postcard. I think often of her laughter after listening to me whine about something or other that was going on in my life and how she would remind me that, "Even a rock crumbles," which meant that no matter what was going on in my life today - good or bad - it will change. So if life is getting a bit too tight and it feels like your dancing in broken heels, just kick off your shoes and remember, even a rock crumbles.

No comments: